Friday, April 23, 2010

Wobble board Yee, but not quite Haw!

April 23

Session 1 Wobble board. OhLa had an epiphany on the board today, all her feet on, going back and forth. She figured out that when the board tips, the rewards arrive! All I need now is to see her little tail give it's happy wag while she's on there and we can start moving on to some teeter games too. She was pretty proud of herself today! (And I was proud of her smart girl!)

Session 2: Differentiating Sit and down
Now that she has been getting her downs just on the verbal cue "flat" it was time to mix it up a little. This afternoons session was all about getting her to listen to what I was saying. Mixing up sit and flat in random order. The first few times she just defaulted to the flat, she did it enough times that I helped her out with the sit hand cue along with the verbal a couple times. Aha her brain said! This is a work in progress.

Session 3: shaping the bottom of the a-frame. I thought I'd get going on the down contact behaviour and shape her to get on the bottom. Not so smart on my part, her shaping skills aren't there yet for one thing, and for another I haven't done any rear end awareness or back up with her, two skills that are really helpful when shaping the down contact. Whoops. I ended up putting her bum up there and giving her cookies on the bottom with her head in the two on two off position so all wasn't lost of course, but note to self I need to quit rushing things. I am impatient (and so is OhLa methinks!) so what can we say!

Until tomorrow, licks and wags from the Pest (this is her new nickname, she is currently jabbing her head under my arm trying to get me to DO something!)

No comments:

Post a Comment