Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Surfing Safari

I did some more video tonight of OhLa's teeter work. I apologize, the videos are all out of order!

Step One is the Wobble Board (a certain someone knocked the camera askew, wonder who that was????!!)



Step 2 is the Bang game from the previous post

Step 3 is run the plank. As you can see in the video she isn't quite running with gusto yet. I'd like to see her have more confidence with running straight to the end and hanging off before I start letting the board drop. Also, I could be using way better treats, she was just getting plain kibble tonight. Some hot dogs may be in order!



Step 4 is to surf the teeter



Step 5 is Hup hups, hop on the raised board and nose touch



Step 6 is to put it all together! We're not quite there yet, but soon!

I was at a seminar not that long ago where the presenter said "expect more, get more." With OhLa that has proven to be very true, I have progressed a lot of steps really quickly with her and challenged her early. It is really working, she is the type of dog that has no problems being wrong, she can accept failure and try harder to figure things out without getting weird. On the other hand, she runs into things like a bull in a china shop, she has no sense of boundaries!

No comments:

Post a Comment